Before you start
Before you start ask yourself some questions and decide actually what do you want ?
- What product i want to sell ?
- What is my budget ?
- How i am going to promote my product ?
check on list items once you decided.
1. Create Shopify Account
Go to the Shopify Website
Create Shopify account
- Click on Get Started
- Enter your Email Address , Password and Store Name
- Click on Create Your Store
Tell about yourself & set billing address
- Select option that suits you from drop down list
- Click on Next
- Fill billing address
- Click on Enter My Store
2. Take a look of admin home
Admin home is your dashboard to run your Shopify store, At admin home page you can see total sale analytics at right side, live sale report.
lets go to the next step we will learn about admin key options later.
3. Choose shopify plan
After setup is completed your site will be live with coming soon page.
Shopify provide 14 day free trial, to activate your trial you must select shopify plan. You can add/remove plan later. Go to Online store->Preferences to make your store visible. Click on pick a plan link
- Click on Choose This Plan button of your plan
- Fill Credit/Debit card details
- Click Make Payment
Don’t worry it will not charge you anything untill 14 days, you can enjoy the fully functional trial. Even you can start earning before trial expires. It means if you made more than $29 before 14 days, your online business can be called as it is started totally free.
4. Configure payment options
5. Set shipping details
6. Add your first product
Go to Products->Add product
set following attributes to your products Product Title, Description, Product Type, Product Image and Price
you will see the message Congratulations, You’ve added your first product.
Then let’s go to the product page, click on->View
see the demo product we have added ,
You can see you products list any time by going to Products->All Products
7. Test your shop
Before you promote your product and business to get traffic. Test your shop is functioning correctly. Test and check following things
- Test both successful & failed purchase attempt/transaction.
- Test refunding & cancellation of an order.
- Test order fulfilling cycle both full & partial.
- Test comments, review system.
8. Promote your product business
Optimize your store for search engine, implement SEO recommendations. Consider following methods of marketing.
- Developing a marketing plan
- Improving SEO
- Setting sale prices
- Using discount codes
- Optimizing ads with Facebook Pixel
- Tracking Google AdWords conversions
- Sharing on social media
- Email marketing
9. Fulfill customers order
After your customer makes an order, you need to ship it. This process is referred to in Shopify as order fulfillment. There are a few things that you need to do to make sure that your orders are processed and fulfilled correctly
Take orders, dispatch them to customer. Mark order status as fulfilled after they are delivered.
10. Explore shopify all settings and options
After you register for a 14-day free trial, follow the initial setup guide to start using Shopify. The initial setup guide is provided by shopify and features step-by-step tutorials for the main tasks you need to complete before you start selling. To be sure all is set, in addition to the initial setup guide, you can print the setup checklist to track your progress.
Not registered yet ?