Drive Traffic to Your Online Business
Launching your very own online business was the first step in reaching that goal. The next stage starts now and it’s just as important, if not more so. Welcome to Operation Traffic Star. The objective: Increasing high-quality traffic coming into your website. The means: Implementing a multi-tiered strategy for promoting your business successfully.
Before we dive into the details of how to promote your website, there are a few key points you should keep in mind as you go along:
High-quality traffic: There are many ways to increase incoming traffic significantly. The challenge is how to get relevant traffic – visitors who are interested in engaging with your content, who do not immediately exit your site because it’s totally irrelevant to them and who are likely to convert into fans or paying clients. In short, your efforts should focus on bringing in traffic that corresponds to your target market.
Long-term growth: The visual graph of your traffic statistics should show continuous growth, not occasional spikes that quickly diminish. Your strategy should always look two steps ahead. If you’re planning a short campaign and expect a blitz-attack for more traffic – that’s great! But don’t forget to leverage this spike into something lasting.
People are not numbers: On the traffic battlefront, it’s easy to forget that those numbers of visitors represent real human beings. Resist that tendency! In order to attract relevant traffic and conduct meaningful interactions on your site, you need to understand your visitors’ interests and desires. Get to know them better if you want to push their buttons successfully.
And now, website owner, we’re ready for the nitty gritty. Let’s help you prepare a strategy for promoting your online business.
#1. Search Engine Optimization
- Submit your site to various search engines: First of all, you have to make sure that your site is visible to the search engine, you can check it in WordPress under setting->reading pane. Sign up for various webmaster tools such as of Google Webmasters Search console, Bing Webmaster tool, Yahoo etc. You have to put verification codes of an individual into the header tag of the home page. Use Jetpack plugins traffic settings for easy site verification.
- Make your site search engine compliant: Check your page speed insights and perform speed optimization, avoid contents that lead to the ranking penalty.
- Link building: Search engine ranks web page by quality incoming links, you have to share, post your page link to high traffic websites. Links to your post on the same blog improves webpage authority.
- Keyword Research: Know what most people are searching, research the list of exact search phrases which can lead traffic to your blog. Prioritize the grossing/ high demand keywords. Use the Google keyword planner tool to plan keywords suitable for your blog. Make your blog compliant with these keywords.
- On Page and off page SEO: On-page SEO is to improve page quality, performance, page structure, internal linking, meta, tag descriptions, and URL structure. Off-page SEO includes increasing our domain authority, quality backlinks, and search engine’s trust. Old domain with high good quality backlinks gives higher organic visitors
- Sitemap: Generate sitemap of your website using the Jetpack plugin, it tells search engine all about your web site’s structure and contents.
#2. Content Quality
- Genuine content, avoid copy paste: Search engines can easily detect duplicate or copied content. Duplicate contents cause rank penalty by search engines. Visitor abandons visits immediately if he doubts Genuity of content.
- Freshness & Completeness: Keep your content fresh and updated. Be parallel with latest events, technology, and trends. Avoid improper and incomplete information.
- An attractive title, Heading: Title plays the very important role in traffic. Visitor decides whether to read your post or not just by reading the title in first one & a half second.
- Use of Images, Infographics: Use of attractive relevant and good quality images, infographics increases site traffic. visitors spend more time with infographics and we get more shares.
- Readability: Create content with good, readable font, proper heading, subheading. Maintain the proper flow of information. Place your point in such a way visitor should keep reading until the end of the page.
#3. Social Marketing
Social media is an important platform for generating a consistent flow of traffic. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. offer a uniquely direct channel of communication where you can engage with your target audience in a fun and friendly tone. This is why so many brands, including Wix, choose to conduct much of their online marketing efforts directly on social networks.
To build a tight social community around your own brand, you first need to choose the right social platforms, the ones that are most appealing to your target market and most relevant to your own style. Once you have that figured out, you can start building a strategy for social branding – find the right tone of voice, come up with an effective content schedule (when to post, how often and in what frequency), and interact with your community members.
- Social sharing: Social media is the large source of traffic. Integrate easy social sharing buttons and links to your website. Encourage your visitors to share your content.
- Social marketing strategy: Every social site has a different type of strategy, for example, Facebook is to get socially connected with friends, family, and community where twitter is for announcing or quoting statement publicly. Don’t try to be same on all social websites.
- Facebook: Create pages on Facebook to give business information to people and create groups under that pages to connect all the people who are interested in the same topic.
- Twitter: Interact & follow to the people who are already talking about your topic. Follow, mention & quote twitter accounts interested in your topic. Keep tweeting regularly. Tweet your posts many times with more and more attractive titles.
- Instagram: Use your Instagram influence to promote your business, share curious photos related to your products. For example share photos in which you are wearing watch & cloths which are available to purchase on your online store.
- Pinterest: Don’t make the mistake that Pinterest is like google images. Pinterest is the product search engine/ portal by their visual picture, images. Create product category boards, pin & repin product images regularly. Search similar boards & follow their followers to get followers to your board. Use infographics, make the curious statement at the end of infographics.
- Social Engagement: Be interactive with your followers, ask them questions, answer their problems, questions. Run campaigns, offers, and interactive sessions. Answer questions related to your topic along with your post links on Quora. Publish guest posts on related websites, blogs, and forums.
- Use of infographics: Always use attractive infographics, research says that there is very high conversion & click rate while using infographics.
- Research your followers: Know your followers social active time segment. Publish social posts at the most active time. research which type, interested people will become your customer, interact with them.
#4. Business Branding
- Attractive & meaningful brand name: Your brand name is bond between your business and customers. Give meaningful & easy to remember the brand name to your business. Avoid copyright violations. Define your business goal, tagline, and quality you provide.
- Attractive logo & content coloring scheme: Create an attractive and meaningful logo. Use proper color scheme on your website, marketing materials, logos that suitable for your topic. For example, Green tea business will use green shades color scheme.
- Social brand pages: Create a social page with your brand name, post offers and product information to your followers. Create google business brand page.
#5. Email Marketing
- Email List Building: Without email list, it is very difficult to call back your visitors. Returning visitors conversion rate is very high. Implement email list building. Transparently ask visitors to subscribe to your email list. take care of privacy policies & laws.
- Newsletter: Newsletter is the periodic email that tells subscriber whats new on our site. Proper implementation of the newsletter can drive large returning traffic.
- Campaigns: Send subscribers email on the targeted mission, provide them with attractive offers, contents so they will engage with your product.
- Avoid spam contents: There are strict spamming rules, you should follow them. If your email looks like spam it will directly go to junk box or spam folder instead of inbox.
#6. Paid Traffic/ Advertising
- Google Advertising: Sign up to google adward account, research keyword using google keyword planner. Google adward is most loved paid traffic source. Try to use low-cost long-tailed keywords.
- Facebook, Twitter paid campaigns: Run paid ads, campaigns on social media site. Promote only socially engageable contents. Collect followers and promote the product. Start with safe budget campaigns. Try different audiences and ad cards.
Paid links, advertisements: Many websites accept paid contents. Contact related websites through emails or signup links.[/vc_column_text]
#7. Online Engagement/Guest Posting
- Guest blogging : When looking for places to guest post, your main goal is to find sites relevant to your niche or industry. You are looking for blogs that fit the following criteria:
- The content is focused on your niche / industry.
- The audience of the blog will be interested in your industry.
- The blog has engaged readership (posts have been shared socially and commented upon).
- The blog owner is active on social media (so you know that they will be promoting your work on their site).
- So if you are selling seeds, you will want to find gardening blogs with an engaged audience of gardeners.
- Comments and discussions: Many sites has forums and comment sections. This are the best chance for us to create relation with other bloggers and their community. It gives us exposure, values and obviously back links.